Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Bus Ticket To Heaven


Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare.
Isaiah 55:2




I wish I could buy a bus ticket to heaven
Pack some bags and
Just hang a sign on my window
Gone on Vacation
Or something


I wish I had a magic wand
That could change
The world
No more sad news, no more bad news
Just peace 


I wish I could think the devil away
Snap my fingers.
Poof!  Gone!
In a heartbeat - an instant  
No more.


I wish life was easy
No stress, no worries, no lies
No sickness, no jealousy
No ignorance, no pride
I wish life was fair


I wish I could ask 
God some questions
About mosquitoes
And ticks
And love.


I wish I could meet Jesus
At a party, or bowling alley
Even the grocery store
Have a good day, he'd say, Be Blessed,
And I would.


Yeah.
A bus ticket to heaven
Money
Well
Spent.


Heavenly Father, thank you for this day.  
Thank you for your gift of our salvation, and the promise of a better world.  
In the name of your holy Son, Jesus, 
Amen.

Linking with Jen at Unite


No comments:

Post a Comment

I know we probably haven't met in person, but I believe that the sharing of our ideas and thoughts, sometimes our hearts and souls, makes us more than strangers. I would like to say friends. Thank you for taking the time to contribute to my little space - I appreciate you.