Friday, September 18, 2015

Oh Celebration!


Today is Friday - Oh Celebration! - the day we join Kate for 5-Minute Friday. A one-word prompt, five minutes, and GO....

Oh Celebration!

My dog is snoring, 
laid out on the carpet, 
taking up all of the walking space
in the living room
As well he should

My daughter calls out the news
From her Facebook feed
Her legs tucked under her dress
At her spot
On the corner of the sofa
I smile at her joy

My husband
Stopped by after PT
For breakfast
He ran 10 miles
Stopping to read the years
On the gravestones of an old cemetery

Daylight broke early
Calm and clear
As I labored over a drawing
Of the second floor
In the house we are buying
Home at last

My sister is coming
For a visit next week
Plans include Niagara Falls
Boating on the river
And fall-color hunting
In the Adirondacks

Oh Celebration!

I rejoice in your name all day long;
I celebrate your righteousness.
For you are my glory and strength,
and by your favor you exalt my dignity
Indeed, my shield belongs to the Lord,
To the Holy One of Israel.

Psalm 89:16-18 (NIV with slight changes)

7 comments:

  1. The FMF gang are all celebrating life. Thanks for sharing the slice of your life this morning. The poetry form really works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't today uplifting on FMF? I need to copy and paste into a weekly planner thing - Imagine spreading these out and reading them throughout the year! I'm glad you like the poetry -- I was hoping for celebration of the normal/ordinary -- something I've been working on... Glad you could visit; have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful poem! Psalm 16 was a great choice for this post. I'm parked in the #6 spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara -- I'm glad you enjoyed this tidbit of the ordinary. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Great words! I could just picture everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie - It was definitely one of those postcard-thought mornings!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I know we probably haven't met in person, but I believe that the sharing of our ideas and thoughts, sometimes our hearts and souls, makes us more than strangers. I would like to say friends. Thank you for taking the time to contribute to my little space - I appreciate you.