Friday, April 5, 2013

Even Weeds





And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man
1 Corinthians 15:49


It's a weed.
My husband told me.
As I knelt in the wet turf
Holding camera steady

Yes, a weed, I acknowledged.
Perfectly formed sphere of
Filament and seed
Poised above winter's mess

Like fine silk threads
Shimmering in the light
Here today
Gone tomorrow

When he mows
Or with the wind.
Beauty is
In the eye of the beholder.


Thank you, God, for loving weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know we probably haven't met in person, but I believe that the sharing of our ideas and thoughts, sometimes our hearts and souls, makes us more than strangers. I would like to say friends. Thank you for taking the time to contribute to my little space - I appreciate you.