Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pi Day



I will give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,
And will glorify Your name forever.

Psalm 86:12

My partner and I missed celebrating Pi Day with our classes.  If you're not a math person, Pi Day is on 3/14 - the first three digits of pi, which is defined as the ratio between the circumference of a circle and it's diameter.  Technically, celebrations for Pi Day aren't supposed to begin until 1:59 (the next three digits of the ratio).  We could've had pie and we missed it!  Darn!  So, long story short, I was listening to the radio on my way home from school on Thursday, and the announcers were talking about pi.  Did you know that someone has actually taken the digits of pi (which, by the way, has not been totally mapped - it is a non-repeating decimal that has been calculated out to over 10 trillion digits - you can find the wikipedia article here), and have used those digits to musically represent the number?  Cool, huh?  Here's the music of pi.

Here's my thoughts.  God puts His imprint all over our world and our universe.  There is wonder and pattern in everything we see, everything we hear, everything we touch.  The closer we look, the more evidence is revealed.  We are smack dab in an amazing creation, put there by awesome God - who astonishingly - cares about and loves us.  Why would we ever want to do anything but praise and worship Him?

Heavenly Father, God of the Universe, thank you!  Thank you for this marvelous work - your creation. Let me glorify you today and always, in my thoughts, my words, and my actions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know we probably haven't met in person, but I believe that the sharing of our ideas and thoughts, sometimes our hearts and souls, makes us more than strangers. I would like to say friends. Thank you for taking the time to contribute to my little space - I appreciate you.