Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wings of Morning


Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,
that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?
Job 38:12-13 NIV


Getting ready for school 
I opened the blinds in the kitchen 
As I do 
Every day

And there
Right outside my window
Across the yard
The light of morning

The trees parade
Their Easter finery
Red buds
Touched by the dawn

Full of the clear-light
Promise of sun
Wicked has been shaken out
Of the day

A gift for the soul
Fresh and clean
A new start
Like resurrection

God's spirit
Ever present
Holds me
On the wings of morning


Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
Psalm 139:7-10  KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know we probably haven't met in person, but I believe that the sharing of our ideas and thoughts, sometimes our hearts and souls, makes us more than strangers. I would like to say friends. Thank you for taking the time to contribute to my little space - I appreciate you.