Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Inside This House


And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
Luke 10:5


Inside this house 
Memories of years past, 
People and parties, 
Dreams, 
Growing up, aging and ageless.  

Inside this house, 
Out with the old in with the new, 
The gently used, 
The hand me downs, 
The treasured.  

Inside this house,
A little frayed at the edges,
Comfortable and comforting,
Placed lovingly in seasoned spaces.
Savored.

What was empty, filled.
What was longed for, received.
What was silent, murmuring and rustling with life.
Family life.
Home life.


God Bless this House

Heavenly Father, Thank you for the blessings you give us every day.  Thank you for this home, for this neighborhood, for friends and family.  Most especially, thank you for your Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know we probably haven't met in person, but I believe that the sharing of our ideas and thoughts, sometimes our hearts and souls, makes us more than strangers. I would like to say friends. Thank you for taking the time to contribute to my little space - I appreciate you.