Sunday, August 2, 2015

Not Perfect for the Worms



For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, 
that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 (KJV)

Yesterday was, in the words of my daughter, a good day. The full moon reflected light across our neighborhood; it was Oh-dark-thirty when we walked down the driveway, across the road, and climbed into the jeep. Sierra, with her backpack slung over her shoulder, tenderly carried our breakfast - two boxes of sugary-pastry snacks, to eat on the trip to the river. Her pack was ready; ipad, a chapter book, a workbook, and a bag full of colored markers. My husband and I both carried bags - lunch, waterbottles, extra jackets, bait, poles...

By the time we arrived at our special fishing spot, the moon was a distant memory and the sky showed promise of beautiful blue.

I sat on the back of the boat, trying to throw my line into precisely the right patch of sunlight and weeds, the perfect place where I knew my fish was lurking. The breeze molded the water into precious waves, breaking on the shore and whispering through the rushes, like an instrumental accompaniment to the singing of each cast and plunk - musical and fulfilling.

It was a perfect time.

I looked around and stretched my arms out wide to my husband, my daughter, and the lake - an all inclusive hug, and I said it out loud. "This is perfect."

Then I spied the bait container. I'll bet it's not perfect for the worms. I know, I couldn't help myself.

So, here's the thing. We live with perspective, we see the world through a particular point of view. Ours. Some of us, at times, try on a different perspective, a different way of seeing, a different point of view. 

I was sitting in church today, listening to the message about John 3:16. God SO loved the world --- he loved ALL of the world, not just our little corner and our little opinions, ALL of his creation. ALL his creatures, ALL of mankind, ALL of US. He still does. He even loves those who don't love him back, those who don't love anyone else, those who don't love themselves. 

Something to think about...

Linking with Janis, and Charlotte


No comments:

Post a Comment

I know we probably haven't met in person, but I believe that the sharing of our ideas and thoughts, sometimes our hearts and souls, makes us more than strangers. I would like to say friends. Thank you for taking the time to contribute to my little space - I appreciate you.