Thursday, August 15, 2013

Clothe Me in Faith


And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. 
They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today 
and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, 
will he not much more clothe you—
you of little faith? 
Matthew 6:28-30

I have an interview today - for a new kind of position.  I have been preparing - reading up on policy and procedure, reminding myself of the technical vocabulary, asking myself practice questions, evaluating my strengths and weaknesses.  I want to be ready and I can't seem to stop thinking about everything.  Thinking - read worrying.

So, at the same time, I decided to take my camera around the yard yesterday.  I've just hung some photographs in my dining room and I have some planned spaces for a couple more pictures.  Green pictures.  

God is good.  I am putting my interview and job-search in His hands - again.  It is something I do on a regular basis.  Lord, I believe.  Help me in my unbelief.  In the meantime, here's my thoughts.  Jesus used the beauty of the flowers and grass to demonstrate how God takes care of us...even our clothes.  The common greenery I found around my home is more splendid than Solomon.  And it's not even the flowers of the field!  So, how much more will he clothe me....

Thought I'd share....
















Oh God, thank you for the reminder of Your love, and Your care and Your blessings.  Clothe me in faith.  Help me to be a blessing to others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I know we probably haven't met in person, but I believe that the sharing of our ideas and thoughts, sometimes our hearts and souls, makes us more than strangers. I would like to say friends. Thank you for taking the time to contribute to my little space - I appreciate you.