Monday, August 12, 2013

I'll Write Tomorrow



 The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.
Luke 6:45

I'll Write Tomorrow

I'm getting nowhere
with my afternoon writing
I'm trying too hard.

Maybe I should stop.
Fingers pause on the keyboard
Screen saver comes up.

I hear a movie,
In the den.  My family is
there. All together.

Gently with eyes closed
Breathing in, breathing out, I
Push the keyboard back.

Oh God, sometimes I
Can't see the forest for the
Trees.  Thanks for this day.


God, hard lessons - sometimes we have to let go...sometimes - we just need to take the time given us to spend together.  It is good.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know we probably haven't met in person, but I believe that the sharing of our ideas and thoughts, sometimes our hearts and souls, makes us more than strangers. I would like to say friends. Thank you for taking the time to contribute to my little space - I appreciate you.